Enjoy an evening of laughs and prizes in support of Cystic Fibrosis Canada!Read More
A bequest is the easiest and most common type of legacy gift. It is a commitment of support made through your will without affecting your current financial situation. You simply name Cystic Fibrosis Canada as a beneficiary of all, or a portion of your assets when you write your will.
BENEFITS OF MAKING A BEQUEST:
- Your cash resources won’t be affected while you need them
- You retain full control of your assets during your lifetime
- A bequest ensures your gift will be used to support the best possible research and treatment for people living with Cystic Fibrosis
- The beneficiary designation is revocable meaning it can be changed if your financial and/or life circumstances change
- The final taxes to be paid on your estate may be significantly reduced, which can be a significant advantage for your heirs and a great comfort to you
There are different types of bequests so you can choose the one that best suits your circumstance and wishes. You can donate a specific gift amount, or contribute all or a percentage of your estates assets to Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
- Residual Bequest: designates all or a percentage of what remains in your estate after all debts, taxes administrative expenses and specific bequests have been paid or distributed
- Specific Bequest: designates a stated sum of money or specific piece of property, such as securities or real estate
- Contingent Bequest: only takes effect if the primary intention cannot be met (e.g. if the named beneficiary does not survive the donor)
Before you draft your will, please notify Cystic Fibrosis Canada of your intention to make a bequest to ensure that all information is accurate. Your intentions will be treated confidentially.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 1-800-378-2233.
Please seek legal and/or financial advice from a professional. The information provided on this web site is general in nature and is not intended as legal or tax advice. Cystic Fibrosis Canada can help you realize your wish to support cystic fibrosis research and care in Canada by working with you and your financial and/or legal professional advisors.